Savanah's Story

Savanah's Story
Look out world here I come!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Page 1 The News

This is Savanah Franks. She has a Urea Cycle Defect called Carbmoylphosphate Synthase type -1. Savanah was showed severe symptoms this disease yet no one new exactly what was going on. She was born on a Friday and was rushed to children's by Sunday afternoon. Friday I couldn't get her to eat. Friday night she Projectile vomitted all night long. Saturday she was so sleepy and not the little who was ok for the first few hours. Saturday night she had a drop in body temperature. I'll never forget opening my eyes and seeing a woman standing over Savanah just staring. A chill came across my body. I asked what was wrong? She said " I just don't like the way she's breathing". All the things I had noticed over these two days now were turning into red flags. She was taken to the NICU for closer observation and possible treatment. I sat on the bed and cried. I called my husband and told him. He told me don't worry it will be ok. I stayed up pacing. A woman came in my room and announced herself as one of the NICU doctors. She had a soft spoken voice and a sigh on her face. She told me that Savanh was very ill and they weren't sure what was going on. She told me to have my nurse call the NICU in about an hour. Next my husband and miranda walked in the room. I informed them of the situation at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment