Savanah's Story

Savanah's Story
Look out world here I come!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Page 3 Run Hun Run

When we arrived her doctors were coming around the doors running in through the ER. We sat in a room waiting for someone to come see us.Finally an on call caseworker came out gave us a code for her and explained something to us. As long as she wasn't discussing Savanah i couldn't here her. The two tall gentlemen in long white coats and surgical hats appeared. I stood right up even before they said our name. They needed consent for a vas cath to start HEMODIALYSIS. I was in a world of confusion. My head was spinning. Not a moment went by without thought. A nurse named Karen came out to let us go see her. She explained what was happening to savanah with the dialysis. I felt like crumbling when I finally got to see her again. Her little body was vibrating from the breathing machine. She had an immense amount of IV's. I've only seen that in movies. Then we had to leave the room again.
My husband and I just had a beautiful baby girl. My son , a sister. Now were praying that she stays with us. We went to the chapel and prayed. Then my husband disappeared for a while, later I find he went to seek salvation. My husband comes around the bend with a man that looked like the guy from the movie the GREEN MILE. This man towered over all of us. Even my uncle Herb. He said he was a pastor and would like to say a prayer for Savanah with all of us gathered at the bedside. He put his hand over her head as my mom, my son, my husband,myself, miranda, uncle herb, and aunt Ginny all held hands and said the Our Father. When he looked at savanah who was heavily sedated and sleeping, I swear he waas looking into her soul. A calming feeling came over the room. He was talking to her and I couldn't quite hear what he was saying, but after he would say something to her there was a brief pause after and he would respond with more talking or laughter. I felt stronger as the chills ran haywire on my skin. I was ready for Battle .

No comments:

Post a Comment