Savanah's Story

Savanah's Story
Look out world here I come!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Page 10 The Wait


We got here at 9:30pm. We waited patiently through the night for an update. Well then morning came and the surgeon came into tell us that he was leaving at 9:30am to go and harvest the donor liver. This is long and stressful. So many thoughts are running through our heads. Were staying as positive as we can be as my Aunt Linda would tell you. Today I'm grateful for everything and everybody. Now more than ever. Because of this experience I've learned how critical it is to be a donor. To save someone elses life is truely salvation in it's own. I think everyone should donate. For some unfortunate event you maybe able to save lots of lives because one was taken. My daughter is saved because of someone's kindness to humanity. She will be able to grow up and live a little more normal of a life. No more worries about her ammonia rising and her having more brain damage. Around 2pm our surgeons were in the room ready to take her to OR. I was very nervous and scared for her. We all went to send her off. Gram, dad, and myself all kissed her goodbye and wished her good luck. I prayed for her and for all who are kept here for one reason or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment